Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tired and Grumpy!

Its midweek, I had a horrible nite last night at the hotel because I barely slept, I had too much jammed into one day AND now I am back in my room looking at a ton of things I didn't get done today that has to be finished tonight. All I really want to do is to crawl into bed and sleep - hopefully uninterupted!

So - why didn't I sleep you ask? The hotel, at my request, put me in another part of the floor so I was closer to the conceirge desk where I felt safer instead of being way down the hall, around the corner at the end. What a mistake that was! It is a much nicer room even thought its smaller but in my daze I failed to realize it was right beside the elevator - problem one. But worse than that, there is a large grate just about over my bed that allows for every clang, bang, thud and any other noise made by this beautiful old hotel and its plumbing and heating system to be heard like its happening right it my room! Then, there is this white noise that sounds like a faint TV program is playing in the very distant background. I don't do background noises well - at all! My husband might say I am "slightly" high maintence - OK truth be told he would say I am very high maintence - but thats not the point.

I woke up at 2:15, again at 3:52, at 4:59 and finally at 6:10am when I gave up and got up and went for breakfast. Now, beyond what was clearly a lack of sleep, you need to know that, next to my amazing husband, sleep is the most important thing to me. I need a ton of it - 10 hours makes me happy but I can deal with 9. The fact that I had very little, and had a crazy day of conference calls, client deliverables, important meetings and issues to deal with helped the day go by and I forgot how tired I was BUT when I walked out of the office at 6:30 it hit me and I wasn't a happy camper!

So here I am procrastinating - not getting around to what I know I need to do tonight, waiting for my room service (thanks Bob the room service guy for the good suggestion of some comfort food!).

What is wrong with this picture???

No comments: